The Best Dog-Friendly Places Near Towson
Finding a senior living community that welcomes pets is a must for retirees with four-legged family members. Even better: discovering a place to retire where the surrounding neighborhoods are just as accommodating. If you’re a dog lover considering retiring in central Maryland, you’ll be delighted to learn there are plenty of dog-friendly places near Towson.
From dog parks like Down Memorial Dog Beach to pet-friendly restaurants like Bread & Circuses, pet families are welcome all over this vibrant community. We’re always on the watch for great dog-friendly places near Towson. Here are a few of our favorites:
Many of the area’s parks are open to dogs on a leash, but one of our favorite dog-friendly places near Towson is the Hampton Historical Site, where you’ll find 63 acres to explore from dawn to dusk. You and your four-legged friend can even do a good deed by getting involved in The Hampton Paw Patrol program and modeling good canine behavior for others who visit.
Other parks worth barking about:
- Lake Roland, where you’ll find nature trails and numerous ecosystems to explore with your dog on leash; an off-leash dog park is available to residents with an annual membership
- Cancer Survivors Park, where you can explore a series of meditative displays and enjoy a reflective fountain during a leashed walk
- Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach, which offers a pretty fenced beach in nearby Pasadena for pups who enjoy splashing and swimming
Exercise works up an appetite, and after a stroll, you’ll find plenty of dog-friendly places near Towson with outdoor seating where you can stop and refuel. Bread & Circuses is one of our top picks. The bistro serves a terrific American-meets-Bohemian menu, and there’s a spacious outdoor patio where pets are welcome. You can count on receiving a doggy water bowl with refreshing chilled water for your pup while you enjoy a cool beverage of your own.
We also give two paws up for these local eateries:
- Charles Village Pub & Patio, where you’ll find plenty of outdoor tables and even some doggie options on the menu
- Cunningham’s Cafe & Bakery, which takes its dog-friendly stance an extra step with contributions to local animal shelters
- Kathmandu Kitchen, an authentic Indian restaurant where you’ll find the service is equally attentive for human and canine guests
Dog-Friendly Attractions and Events
In addition to exercise and eating out, you can experience some of the area’s most appealing attractions with your four-legged companion in tow. In fact, there are dozens of dog-friendly places near Towson to get out and explore. A yacht tour is a terrific way to appreciate the Chesapeake Bay, and Watermark invites you to bring your well-behaved, leashed dog along on regularly scheduled cruises at no cost.
Don’t miss these other dog-friendly attractions:
- Baltimore Ghost Tours, an adventurous way to get some exercise while traveling back in time to hear ghostly tales from the waterfront
- The Wine Bin, where you’ll find treats for pups to sample while you enjoy wine tastings and live music (be sure to check out the monthly Yappy Hour offered April through November!)
- BARCS Events, presented by the Baltimore Animal Rescue & Care Shelter, range from four-paw fashion shows to 5Ks, festivals, fundraisers and more
Pet-Friendly Senior Living
If you’re a pet owner considering senior living options, you’re in for a treat! Blakehurst is an engaging community that happily welcomes pets of all kinds — not just dogs, but also cats, birds and beyond. What’s more, you’ll find our pet policy is one of the most generous around. We don’t restrict dog breeds, and we don’t have weight limits, either. That means we’re just as happy to make your purse-size pooch feel right at home as we are to enjoy the antics of a gentle giant.
You’ll quickly discover we’re quite fond of our four-legged residents. Our independent living community offers plenty of walking paths for humans and pups alike, and our dog park is a popular destination where residents come together to live their best lives. We even host special pet-friendly events, like our annual Blakehurst Dog Show that always draws a great crowd.
You won’t find a more pet-friendly place near Towson. Get in touch to learn more about all the creature comforts you’ll enjoy when you make Blakehurst your home.